View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #24
glatt

Benghazi is a black eye, but the Republicans are milking it for all it's worth for purely political reasons. It's Monday morning quarterbacking. It's obvious now that things went wrong, but I don't think it was obvious then. As tw points out, we still don't completely understand what happened. But I think we should try to learn what happened there so it doesn't happen again. We shouldn't pick at it for political gain.

IRS: I don't have a problem with the IRS scrutinizing organizations that are trying to get out of paying taxes. Good for them. The only reason it's mostly a bunch of conservative groups is because that's the time period that a bunch of conservatives were forming new tax exempt organizations. Some of the information requests seem a little extreme, but that's what the IRS does. They ask for documentation. This is another politically driven non-story.

The API/CIA leak story is disturbing. I don't like how closed the Obama administration is. I'd like some more transparency. His administration has tried to go after more leaks than previous ones. I don't support that and am disappointed in him.

The military sex scandals aren't a reflection on the Obama administration. It's the military. Obama has been working hard to dismantle that old boys club, but it takes some time to change the culture.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote