View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #480
glatt

Nice moon shot!

Today I vacuumed the cars, which they desperately needed. As I was cleaning out the old Prizm, I had the driver's door open, and could see leaves and debris in the body panel behind the driver's wheel. The shop vac wouldn't touch them, and poking a stick in there didn't do a thing except dislodge a little green sapling growing in there. I realized that many leaves that fell on the windshield would slide down to the driver's wiper and get under the hood where they would fall down into this body panel. They were supposed to continue through a gap and drop to the ground, but they were getting stuck. So I took the plastic wheel well cover off and found about 2-3 cups worth of decomposed leaves.
Name:  x 01 photo.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  158.6 KB
This is the accumulation after 18 years. Very fertile looking soil. I was amazed that there was no rust after that long.

So then I wanted to clean the vents under the windshield. Lot of seeds and leaves and stuff were getting stuck in that screen and contributing to a slight must smell coming from the vents. So I removed the windshield wipers and pulled off that molding that covers the vent intake.
Name:  x 02 photo.JPG
Views: 153
Size:  127.1 KB

It was filthy.

Name:  x 03 photo.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  153.4 KB

Around this time, my son came out to see what I was doing, and if he could help, so I asked him to blast out the screens that cover the vents. He had fun playing with the hose and did a good job.
Name:  x 04 photo.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  167.6 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote