Thread: PRISM
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #28
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Lamp, I can better see where your coming from; but, you still have some gross misconceptions. I never tried to distinguish between "gathering" and "accumulation." I used "gathering" as a verb and "accumulation" as a noun both in regard to information (raw data). The distinction I made, in both actual and analogous form, was between "accumulation" and "collection" as nouns in which accumulation applies to information [loose change] and collection applies to intelligence [coin collection]. I can't break in down much further that; but, I can notice the ease with which you've previously misquoted me and misrepresent what I've said. That's why I don't interact with you much.

Don't worry that "Your analogy of a "coin collection" is essentially misleading for PRISM,". It wasn't leading to PRISM, that's what the plain language was for. It was merely to help explain the relationship between the terms I was using. Not everyone can see that correlation; but, that doesn't mean they're bad people and I won't think any less of you.

Non sequitur here Lamp: "... because each individual coin is not "linked" to any other individual coin. The properties of any one coin does not lead to the discovery of any other specific coin in the collection." I already know what coins are in the "collection." What I don't know specifically is what other coins are among the "accumulation" in the change jar. If my "collection" is arranged in chronological order and I'm missing a date, I go to the "accumulation" in the change jar to look for that date (i.e. not to the other coins in the "collection"). If there's only one - BINGO. If there's more than one, then I have other discriminating criteria with which to choose the best one.

Ref: "let us focus on "data" and "intelligence", because I think they come closer to your attempt to distinguish between the constitutional and unconstitutional activity of our government." How nice of you to regurgitate what I've previously said and present it as your own idea. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. When I visit people in the old folks home they flatter me like that all the time.

"If my suspicions are correct, this meets your definition of "intelligence", because it is the processing of raw data into a useful form. ... Even if you are squeamish about this level of "processing", just combining raw data from multiple providers across phone ID's would constitute your definition of an unconstitutional collection." Nopes, processing for easier access and processing into a useful form for a particular application yield individual results which may converge, diverge, or make no difference. I can take all the change out of my change jar an divide it into multiple change jars separated by denomination; but, I still don't have a coin collection. Apples and oranges.

"And yes, this may be "legal" via the FISA court, but now we are back
to talking about altruistic leaks of classified information and whistle blowers."
But at least now you may have gleaned some insight into why it was deemed legal. Perhaps you could start another thread devoted to whistle blowers. I already know you to be a person for whom the end justifies the means from your positions on other topics right down to your methodology in debate; so, I wouldn't be inclined to join in. Good day.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote