View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #2370
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

This thread has been playing on my mind. I still think, as i always have, that marichiko was treated very badly. That as SamIam she copped to having been in a bad way and behaving badly at that time notwithstanding. From my perspective an apparent lie over a staplegun triggered a cery ugly response from this community. And had i been the recipient of some of that venom i might have gone off the deepend and been aggressive and nasty in response. I never could understand how it got so nasty and turn into such an 'us' against her free for all over some minor untruths from someone with a serious cognitive disfunction.

And here we are almost a decade later and an apparent untruth over a woodburning stove draws not just anger and viciousness but also a reinvigoration of the earlier assessment of her character.

I dont know if she lied about the wood. I dont know if she lied about the staplegun. And i dont care. If she has thrown in a lie about something relatively minor and unimportant in order to win an argument, well im sorry but i very mch doubt shes the only one here who ever has. None of it warrants the vitriol i have seen levelled against her over the years. And if at times shes been less than helpful to her own cause well i have some sympathy. Because when you are the focus of an all out community attack it is very easy to spit and scratch and attack as a form of defence. And mari/sam is definitely notthe only dwellar to do this. And few are so consistently held accountable or their evety failing as she has been.

Evety so often soneone has tried to explain to me why mari drew such harsh responses. None of those explanations seemed sufficient to me. And thy still dont.

At the time when the mari row was going on it really upset me. It made me question what this communty is actually all about. It's upset me to revisit that.

For the record, and if sam is reading: I like sam and i liked marichiko. And i truly do not give a flying fuck if she lied about the woodburner or lied about the staplegun. Because i am completely convinced that the core of what she presents is solid and honest.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote