View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #9533
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

This issues is half way between upsetting me and pissing me off.

As you know, Maverick has been seeing the same girl for a year or so now, and everything was pretty hunky dory till a couple of months ago. She has some issues from her past which she really needs to address, and these issues lead to some pretty obsessive and clingy behaviour towards Mav.

Now, this girl is Mav's first 'real' girlfriend. Things got pretty serious pretty quickly between them, and basically she's a nice girl, but she's just not that much of a thinker. Education is not high on her list of things to do. I've tried every way I can think of to encourage her to get the help she needs in the form of counselling and possibly medication, but there's only so much I can do and the situation was getting a bit beyond what I considered my realm of responsibility, so I went to her father with it all. Seemingly he was on board and felt that the suggestions I had were pertinent and that he'd take over and I wouldn't have to worry any more.

Anyway, that has not been the case, and yesterday (which happened to be her 18th birthday) things came to a head and she and I had quite an argument. she started yelling at me and I told her to leave the house if she couldn't address me in a respectful manner. She said that she and Mav would be fine if everyone would just leave them alone, which speaks to the heart of the issue. Mav has basically cut himself off from all his friends from school and sport. The only person he actually spends time with is her. He's fallen behind in some of his schooling and is pretty much becoming someone I don't actually like very much. So, I told them no more seeing each other during the week. she can come over one night for dinner, but needs to be gone by 9pm. They can spend time together on the weekends like normal young couples, but they both need to start spending time following their own interests without having to do everything together.

Of course, now I am the enemy as far as she's concerned and Mav is stuck in between her and the rest of his family.

My vision here is that she gets her shit together and everyone can be happy again, or she continues on the same way until eventually she loses hiim or we do. My only consolation in it is that I hope Mav will wake up to what's going on here before she ends up pregnant, cause that's my greatest fear. That he's going to tied to a woman who is lovely as long as she's getting everything her own way, but if she doesn't, she turns into a bunny boiler.

Scary days ahead.