View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #20
Adak
Lecturer

Let's me be clear - I'm in FAVOR of a nationalized health service, but I strongly dislike the way Obama Care has been done, (and we have been lied to SO MUCH about it).

And yes, I am worried about our federal gov't, which can't keep even top secret data, from being published in newspapers around the world, and on the web, having their nose in every aspect of our lives.

I'm no fan of the health insurance companies. I recall one instance where they claimed pre-existing conditions and dropped someone when they had cancer.

The "pre-existing condition" they claimed, was acne (she was a teenager). She hardly had any acne, to boot!

But I recall the case of a doc at Kaiser Medical who was going to lose his bonus for low treatment costs per patient, so he just didn't treat a woman with breast cancer. She finally got another opinion, but it was too late by then.

Military care has had it's goof's too. Not too long ago, a Marine came back from a repeat tour of Iraq, and was found to have late stage melanoma. It had been seen and reported before his tour, when it was quite treatable, but nothing was done for him.

I respect Hillary's idea of a single payer - it's tough on the pampered American, but it's eminently fair. Obama Care has so many "favors" going out in the form of exemptions, credits, etc., it's a damn nightmare.

Most of the nightmare we've faced from the insurance companies has been due to the "favors" they got from states and Washington. Competition is severely limited, for instance. Oh yeah! Limiting competition between insurance companies will be REAL GOOD for the consumer.

BTW, I've been out of the country, working with the very poor, in Mexico, and lived WAY out in the boonies, in the Deep South, and on (you may have guessed it), Adak Island.

You will have a hard time finding a place more remote than Adak Island, trust me! Antarctica is barely less remote than Adak Island.

Welcome to Adak Island:
Name:  AdakOnGoogle.PNG
Views: 178
Size:  79.2 KB
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote