View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #847
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

It doesn't happen to me too often, but on thursday, I had to shut down a women (who was clearly rich enough to have had some plastic surgery on her face) because she did not buy the tire and wheel protection. She first insisted that it had never been offered, and when I printed and pointed out the waiver she signed saying it had been, she shifted to the position that we didn't do a good enough job convincing her to buy it. (Not me. I would have closed her ) she will NOT be buying another Nissan.

I said, "you got a flat tire. What does that have to do with what kind of car it is? "

"I'm not happy. Someone has to do something about it. "

That was really her main complaint. ... that she was not happy. $400 for the tow, and new tire. Probably cost her 2 nights at the bar.

I actually had her laughing by the time she left. .... She threatened to call Nissan customer care, I said, "if you truly feel like the people here mistreated you, then I think you should call. Do you really feel that way? Really? We did this to you? "

That's when her act broke up and she admitted just being frustrated because she didn't want to deal with it. I wonder how often that one lady intimidates clerks at low levels. She clearly had the routine down, and the only thing that ended it was her absolute lack of any progress with the 2 managers she had hammered on before she got to me... where she got nothing but sympathy and advice on buying the tire plan next time.

My ex mother in law is one of these women. If you have a legit gripe about a retail experience, you want her going to bat for you. But I would NOT want to be on the receiving end of her shit storm.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote