View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #130
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
The GOP has tried several faux drama issues to avoid responsibility for the government shutdown,
such as "just one child", "WWII vets barricaded from memorial", "1-yr ACA business deferral unfair", etc.

Now that the "debt ceiling" is another imminent issue,
Ron Paul Cantor and Eric Cantor are looking for a "grand strategy".
But Ted Cruz and the GOP are rebelling, saying "wait a minute, where is the "Repeal Obamacare" ?

Today, a former head of the Republican National Committee conceded...
The House GOP is "Leader-less, Rudder-less, and Clue-less"
Oh, there are a LOT of Republican RINO's who think the whole Conservative branch of the Republican party, should take a long walk, off a short pier! The Bush family (both) were not conservatives. All the RINO's tried their best to block Reagan when he was trying to win the nomination of the Party. They just KNEW he couldn't win, and didn't see the need for his policies!

You can hear the RINO's on the news shows every weekend, it seems. They're like a doughnut that looks good, but when you get to the inside of it, instead of a jelly filling, it's a load of horseshit.

Obamacare won't be repealed - nobody expected that. My guess is there will be some ACTUAL < SHOCKING! I know >, negotiating as we get near the debt ceiling limit. Obamacare itself will NOT be on the table, even. Probably the exemptions - stuff like that.

The good news today is that both the Treasury and Moody's have stated that the US will be be able to fully pay for it's debt, even if the debt ceiling is not raised.

THAT is very good news!

Programs may be curtailed, of course, as they run outside of their current budget amounts that are within the debt ceiling, but there will be no default on our obligations, to anyone.

Whew!

More to Obama's shame, the open air war memorials are closed again. What a commander in chief! Hard to really stomach a man who would deny us the right to honor our war dead.

I'm surprised that the media hasn't roasted Obama to the bone, over this - but he's their guy. If he were pictured bashing in the heads of baby seals with an axe, I'm sure the media would say he was a hero, saving the entire seal species, from over population.

Last edited by Adak; 10-09-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote