View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #2626
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

C i t i z e n S o u r c e

Quote:
History | Economics | Government | Opinion & Policy | Issues | Volunteer | Media | Politics & Elections | Libraries

On a library façade, in a university in which one of us matriculated, are written these words: "In darkness dwells the people which knows its annals not." Portentious perhaps, but in a world where everyone with an ax to grind pretends history is on his side, it's likely high time we all knew from whence we came.
I cribbed the paragraph above from the intro to their section on History because I believe it and I believe it also applies to each of the other sections they have on the site. Knowing the description or attributions or contributors, etc are all important aspects for evaluating how trustworthy a given source of information is. This site lists many, many other sites (which aggravatingly open in the same window instead of a new window) with a very brief description of what can be found at the site. I *strongly* recommend spending some time here, well, only as a jumping off point, for trying to learn about other sources of information and the quality of those sources.