View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #251
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak View Post
Any Commander-In-Chief, who refuses to allow veterans of foreign wars, access to their OWN war memorial for political gamesmanship, is an utter ass-wipe!

If Obama was a REAL Commander-In-Chief, he would apologize to those vets, and personally lead them around the memorial, in a return visit.
I was informed today by people who lived and worked here during the government shutdowns in the 1990s that ALL of the memorials - yes, the memorials for veterans of foreign wars - were closed during those shutdowns. Since the longer one took place during January, nobody, including the veterans of foreign wars, cared whether the memorials were shut down! No veterans jetted in to demonstrate and climb over barriers! The weather was lousy so the memorials didn't mean as much, I guess.

Or maybe there was a specific effort to fly vets in this time so that people like you, Adak, could whine on and on about the memorials being closed. Or maybe it wasn't a real issue then and isn't one now.

I vote for the latter.