View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #871
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
We're all missing the other possibility: he has an invisible dog.
Reminds me of that old story about a man standing outside a bar with his dog, telling people his dog can talk. Patrons coming and going past him just figure he's drunk; but, one of them says "I'll bet you ten dollars that dog can't talk." The owner accepts, looks at his dog and says "Dog, what's on top of a house?" The dog says "rrrrrrrrrrooof" and its owner says "That's right, a roof is on top of a house." The owner demands $10 from the patron who pays him. The patron figures the same thing couldn't happen again and tells the owner to ask the dog another question, the bet to be double or nothing. The owner nods, looks at his dog and says "Dog, what does sandpaper feel like?" The dog says "rrrrrrrrrrruff" and its owner says "That's right, sandpaper feels rough." The patron again pays the owner; but, demands yet another chance to recoup his losses, only this time the patron insists on being the one who asks the dog a question figuring that way he can't possibly lose. The dog's owner reluctantly agrees. The patron looks at the dog and says "Dog, who was the 25th President of the United States?" The dog looks up at him and says "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrMcKinley?
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote