View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #297
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Free lunch again.
Sandwich platters. Ordered in as samples for customers to promote our "Entertaining" range.
I didn't find them very entertaining, "sandwich on a plate" being perhaps too avant garde a performance for my liking. But they were jolly tasty.

Free dinner too. Or more properly High Tea.
More scoffage from the Entertaining range, served to us because we had a Customer Services training meeting after work.
Californian style sushi, tortilla wraps, various filled and topped pastry Hors d'oeuvres.

Well if we don't get to try them we can't recommend them.

For me the most entertaining part of the evening was when I tried to remove a chair from a stack in the training room. Very small space, difficult to manouevre in. For the first time in ages I felt my balance shift. Luckily my fall was halted by some Forest Friends. At least by a stack of boxes containing Forest Friends hollow chocolate figures (probably in there to make way for Festive Friends hollow chocolate figures rather than to train on stock management or branch ordering).

I was able to right myself before any frogs were damaged and luckily only one colleague witnessed. But I suspect she was also entertained.