View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
... BTW, the first 1986 Ford fuel injection was throttle body. I never heard of Fords with sequential that early ....
You have now:

...Under the hood, the 122 hp 4.2L V8 from 1981-1982 was discontinued. Electronic "Central Fuel Injection" (CFI), a type of Throttle Body Injection, was now standard on the 5.0L V8 engine. ... In 1986, on all civilian models, this was replaced by "Sequential Fire" electronic fuel injection, based on Ford's OBD-1 compliant EEC-IV computer. The new engine featured better driveability in traffic than the CFI unit, ...

... As the 1980s progressed, the LTD Crown Victoria underwent many gradual changes. 1983 saw the introduction of central fuel injection (CFI) on the 302 cu in (5.0L) models (identifiable by a fender badge reading "Electronic Fuel Injection"), which was replaced with sequential electronic fuel injection (SEFI) in 1986 (accompanied by the deletion of said fender badge). ...

... Twisting the model lineup for 1986, the LTD Crown Victoria was now available as an "LX" model at the top of the range to create the indecently long and awkward name "LTD Crown Victoria LX." A new sequential fuel-injection system improved the performance of the 302 V8, which was now rated at 150 horsepower. ...

... sequential multiport injection for 150 horsepower (versus 140), premium LX series added (1986); ...

My '86 Ford Crown Vic LX with 302 cu. in. ("5.0 L" - 4,942 cc) Windsor was the first year they put a sequential fire electronic fuel injector on each cylinder in the Crown Vic ...

That last reference was written by some guy who actually owned one, go figure. The potential list of references goes on and on ... I guess we learn something new everyday ... just sayin'.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote