View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #105
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

tw,

People do make decisions in their lives based upon what you might call emotional reaction. I had a customer the other day that chose to take the 0% loan over the $2500 rebate, even though I very clearly explained to him that it would cost him $240 more over the course of the loan. He understood. He saw that at the preferred rate of 3.24%, the total finance charge was $2260.
He just felt better knowing that he had ZERO interest. I think that was the wrong choice. I asked him if he felt it was worth $240 just to have the 0%. He said yes. So I wrote the loan his way.

He defines his satisfaction. Not me.

I love love love my Jeep. You can read all the reports you want, and you can call me childish and immature all you want. I get in my jeep every day and enjoy driving. I very rarely use it to it's potential. I have never done the Rubicon trail. ... probably never will. But I can't even count the number of times people have come up to me and told me how cool my Jeep looks. That's part of it. People DO identify with their vehicles. Lola will want to love her car, whichever one she chooses. For you, making the best choice is about numbers and ratios. Well God bless, man. Whatever blows your skirt up. Just maybe try to respect other people. Don't be quite such a condescending asshole all the time.

If you want people to hear you, you have to get them to listen first. When they think you're crazy, or hate you because you belittle them, you have no chance of getting past their walls.

That's some free advice on life. Just for you, from me.

Sin freaking cerely,

Your pal,

Lumberjim
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote