View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #9676
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I hear what you're saying about at will employment as it pertains to labor law. I don't hear you recognizing that most at will employers have policies requiring advance notice of resignation without which they may not give you a favorable reference and they may bar you from ever working for them again, meaning at all of their locations everywhere, their affiliates, and possibly employer contracted organizations.

Your orientation was done to meet regulatory and insurance requirements in addition to avoiding lawsuits (perceived discrimination or other) arising from employees' interactions. Charitable work is tax deductible eye candy for internal propaganda and external advertising. If they simply have sloppy management right now, it's because they got what they paid for and simply couldn't afford better.

If the safety glasses are free and you don't have to work there for a specified period so the cost won't be taken out of your paycheck, get them before you quit. That may be the only compensation you get for all the aggravation they're causing you now and may cause you in the future. That's also your interest on the late paychecks.

Of course, I'm just playing devil's advocate now. You're the person embedded in the situation. You have all the insights. You have all the answers. You're also the one who hasn't been paid; so, I think I'll stick with playing devil's advocate. Good luck.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote