Thread: Who am I??
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #27
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I kept thinking I should try more. I never meant to exacerbate the problem. I was hoping he'd become more playful again. FTR: I never felt 'stalked' but maybe he was reaching out to me and I just didn't know what to do. On one hand maybe I could have calmed the situation, on the other I could have made things worse. Best to leave it to the mods, at that point.

I like JBK. I think he had a lot to offer before he fell down the rabbit hole. I like sexobon, but I feel he was fanning the flames this last couple days. I agree with Molasar about ignoring him...if it was the 'way too many posts' that some people were concerned about (which I still don't find as distressing as a certain ex-dwellar's hateful posting. The threats were distressing, however. And I became stuck in the aforementioned 'have I created a situation by what seemed an innocent and harmless and innocuous gesture of accepting what I thought was a sweet offer of valentine'? monster noticed what was happening; I suspect others thought maybe I was getting what I deserved for being a nice fucking person...but I digress.)

I wonder if the community had ignored his ramblings if he might have come back to more even keel. But as jim said: he's not our patient and I'll not claim to have any idea how to handle the situation that arose in any sort of psychologically helpful way.

Clod tried to reason with him. I wish he had listened. There just wasn't a whole lot of reasonable thought left for him to work with, I guess.

JBK...you added something to this board. I will miss you. I hope that you work things out for yourself. Keep writing and painting. And consider consulting your physician. It was obviously a hard decision for glatt to ban you...and considering others who were trying to nudge you in the right direction: well, doesn't that show you many of us care? That we'd like to see you get help?
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote