Thread: Train Show
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 06:19 PM   #6
BardoXV
B.O.F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
Oh, I don't remember what it was called. I went to one in January in Houston. It was huge, held at a convention center. This one has trains for kids to ride on also. Very cool. If I can find pictures, I'll put it up. What do you sell? Train sets or accessories? I have an O-gauge Lionel set at home.
The TCA show has a Kiddie area but my grandchildren were not able to get there this year. Their mom had to work on Thu. so she dropped them off at the show, but I couldn't take them away from the table. I had to ask one of the wives there to take the 4 year old granddaughter to the rest room, I certainly couldn't take her to the ladies room and not into the men's room. At this show the same people have the same tables year after year, so you get to know some of the other table holders. Lately I've been selling cars and a few engines in HO scale, Lionel 'O' gauge, and Flier std. gauge. My goal is to start producing and selling 'O' gauge Tugboats, Towboats, Barges, Car Floats, and possibly a freighter, and an Ore boat. I might build a container ship, but I would not put that on the table. I was reprimanded once for having too many ships and not enough trains, but that was the old Regime and there are new people running the meet now. FYI this train meet uses all the buildings at the York fair grounds and that comes to 5 large halls and one huge hall plus 2 smaller halls. I believe the last count I saw was 13,000 + attending and 1,500 6' table spaces in the member halls, that does not include the dealer halls. This show is attended by all the major 'O' gauge and 'O' scale Mfg's. What makes the attendance even more important is that this is a 'closed meet', members and guests only.
BardoXV is offline   Reply With Quote