Thread: West Yorkshire
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 01:13 PM   #28
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Just got my confirmation from BT; I will have a landline and internet access from 15/05.
Better than I ever had in Leicester, but then I rely on y'all for my sanity more than I did then. Ditto being in contact with the 'rents.

There are still plenty of things I'm mentally shying away from, so I don't end up with sick in my mouth, but it's true that it is beginning to come together.

Oh, got a letter from the hospital yesterday. Dated 4 April. Nice.
It told (TOLD) my GP practice to continue my Baclofen and 2 x Vitamin B tablets on prescription. This is because I was utterly defeated and broken down when I saw the Consultant and it felt like she pretty much washed her hands of me. When she asked whether I was continuing my medication I told her the truth, that my GP did not have it on my repeat prescription and seemed to think someone else was prescribing it for me. So she did follow through at least.

I photocopied the letter (which they were already copied into anyway) and asked for a prescription without appointment. I may have detailed it here somewhere; I had to fight to get even a telephone appointment for what was effectively a repeat prescription... So we'll see how that goes down.