Thread: You. RFN, 2014
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #112
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
$50. isn't that much, really. Sure there's his time finding the file, but there's also the fact that the picture looks 10^9 times better than a selfie. He has to buy gear, now more than ever since cameras don't last 50 years any more. (side note: my buddy's Canon 5D just shit the bed, some chip/sensor related nonsense and to fix it would be almost as much as a new camera ~3,000) In the case of film, I have 70 year old cameras that take perfectly fine photos) Then there's all the frigging softwares, updates, computers and all that other crap that also constantly needs to be replaced (Unlike my 1952 Omega enlarger which still makes excellent prints)

And once he gives you a high res image, that's it. You can copy the shit out of it and print off a trillion copies and give them to every body you ever saw and he won't see another dime from you. Essentially, he is selling you the negative for $50.

But as my dad used to say, "It's a good deal if you get the thing you want at a price you are willing to pay." But then, he was in the advertising business.