View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 01:10 AM   #448
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Water emergency. The water treatment plant lost pressure so the bad stuff backflowed into the good stuff. They think they might have it fixed by the weekend.

I am impacted at both work and home. I can flush the toilet, but can't do laundry, wash dishes in the dishwasher, brush my teeth, or shower if there is any chance of getting any water in my eyes or in contact with any mucus membrane or open cut.

Any tap water I use has to be boiled first, so at least coffee is still possible.

I don't think work will be cool with my idea of using bacardi silver to brush my teeth. Claiming that mojito is the newest flavor from Crest probably won't work.

The Dept of Health has shut down all food prep in the area. No takeout. No drive thru. On the upside, the rehab bought subs outside the contamination zone for everybody, patients and staff. I think tomorrow will be pizza. There is a rumor that we will be getting a water Buffalo, but no one has seen it yet. The two medical hospitals have tankers hooked into their mains. The junkies don't get that kind of service. Oh, and all of the coffee makers have been removed. There is panic in the streets.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote