View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 12:04 PM   #15
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I'm 40. For the last 3 months I've been dating. And I've looked at a thousand online dating profiles. Here is what I've learned.

Women who primarily value their own "hotness" above all else become strangely pathetic by about age 36. Their age remains a consideration, and they start to fight it with desperation. They use too much eye makeup and too many stupid lines and their whole attitude no longer suits them. They dye their hair all one color and lose any subtleties. Maybe this kind of thing works in dark, noisy bars, but in the harsh light of reality they fall apart quickly. All their life they've had one thing to offer and it didn't really mean all that much in the long run.

The "hot" women at that age are the ones who are comfy in their own skin. Their looks or sexuality are lightly applied as a part of the whole package. The eyes are most beautiful when the lights are on and somebody's home, you know?

You don't have to answer to us - answer to yourself, dearie, what are you going to be in 10 years? 20 years? Is it going to be a pretty picture?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote