View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
ORANGE, Va. (AP) — A Virginia man with the last name Stoner is facing drug charges after police found more than $10,000 worth of marijuana plants at his home.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office says 42-year-old Paul Scott Stoner of Unionville is charged with growing marijuana and having a firearm while in possession of more than a pound of marijuana.

Media outlets report that the charges stem from an ongoing investigation related to the alleged sale of marijuana to children in Orange County. Further charges are pending.

Authorities say they acted on a tip that Stoner was selling to children and during the search last Thursday seized marijuana, marijuana plants, drug paraphernalia, prescription drugs, needles, spoons and guns.

Stoner is free on bond. A hearing is set for Aug. 27.

Last week I listened to 'The Why Factor' on the BBC World Service and they touched on how your name can affect the path your life takes. A lawyer whose name is Sue Yu featured about a couple of minutes in.

Just a bit of thread drift now. A contributor had made a study of how students with traditional English names such as Elizabeth or John tended to be admitted to Oxford or Cambridge, whereas those with names such as Shane, Jade or Chelsea were less likely to end up at one or other of the two universities. Twas ever thus.

I've found out that the BBC iPlayer (TV version) won't work outside the UK (thanks, Grav) but I suspect that you should be able to listen to The Why Factor.
Given that the World Service is aimed at a global audience it would be perverse if it wasn't available.

The Why Factor

Nominative determinism