View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #14
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
* Cutting spending includes losing services and programs that you rely on and support and benefit you. It's not just cutting welfare to the lazy criminal, system-playing, drug-addicted minorities. It means you get shitty roads, less law enforcement, seniors eating cat food and dying through lack of healthcare, veterans losing benefits, etc.

No. But then too, I am too smart to believe things Spexx believes in -- like that the Government is even supposed to be any part of the services industry. It is simply not designed to do it, and hence fails at it. You reduce the problems posed by government by reducing the governmental sphere, which is of course necessary if you want to actually have a pension you can enjoy.

The State is a weapon. It is as much my weapon as it is Spexx's, or BigV's, or Classicman's. Its functions are a weapon's; don't expect it to succeed doing anything else -- that's the beginning and the end of it. There's a reason they call it "enforcing" the law. I can figure that much out.

Trying to use Government and the political way for doing anything other than being a weapon is like trying to drive nails with an elephant gun. Sure, you might get that nail driven... but the hammer is the better tool.