View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #23
Beest
Adapt and Survive

I wear a casio AW80-1BV

I read the time analog and keep the digital display (which is large enough to read easily but not obcusre the rest of the face) on day and date as shown, it has stop watch, timer , alarms and apparently a 30 entry database for phone numbers I have never used. I had one previously and the battery became somehow loose and the watch would just turn off at random, I looked for a different one but couldn't find any that had the right balance of features for me that this one does, so I bought another.

The water resistence number on a watch is a secret code.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Resistant_mark

Watches are often classified by watch manufacturers by their degree of water resistance which, due to the absence of official classification standards, roughly translates to the following (1 metre ≈ 3.29 feet):[5]

Water resistance rating

Water Resistant 3 ATM or 30 mSuitable for everyday use. Splash/rain resistant. NOT suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, snorkelling, water related work and fishing.NOT suitable for diving.

Water Resistant 5 ATM or 50 mSuitable for swimming, white water rafting, non-snorkeling water related work, and fishing.NOT suitable for diving.

Water Resistant 10 ATM or 100 mSuitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkeling, sailing and water sports.NOT suitable for diving.

Water Resistant 20 ATM or 200 mSuitable for professional marine activity, serious surface water sports and skin diving.Suitable for skin diving.

Manufacturers water resistance classifications are interpretations and are not part of any ISO standard definition

I take my watch off for swimming, but don't mind if it get's splashed with water.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote