Thread: Cellar Dreamin'
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #215
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Talked to Dani the other night. I mean actually talked on the telephone IRL.
Keep up.

We spoke about dreams and the Cellar and all that. In a book it would seem preposterous coincidence, but it really happens in real life, because even when you try to dwell in a fantasy world real things happen. Like dreams.
So. Anyway.
The night we spoke, I dreamed about her.

I was moving into her place. It was actually quite grim and the room she was allocating me was very bare and inhospitable. The rent was at the top end of what I could afford, and she had two rules.

- No men
- No alcohol
- All bills to be shared, £ to be paid into a joint account and as she knew she was making her payments any defaults were my responsibility and anyway I would be out
- No meat. No meat or animal products full stop.
- And although she would not ask me to become Muslim, she would really appreciate that commitment.

Yes, I can count.
Not well, which we talked about in REAL real life on Sunday, when I admitted I can't properly learn songs with numbers in.
She knows this anyway. She'd rather I didn't remember any songs at all. Because I insist on singing them to her, which is terribly weary.

So in the dream I didn't get that it wasn't only two rules.
But I would have. No flies on me.

Of course the dream person is not Ms DC at all, anyway.
The tone, if not the content, came from Miss Mona's rules - you'll know them if you know your Dolly Parton.
And some came from me.

Still. at least she wasn't in the later, early morning dream, where a Negress was going down on me in a dystopian, futuristic, 1930's Better Amsterdam, which was supposed to be a London suburb but was a cross between Euston station and Terry Gilliam's Brazil. Shopping centre cum council estate.

ETA I know that the N word I've used is outdated and I do consider it offensive.
It was probably in my dream because of a novel I've just read, which was partly set in Nazi Germany. The novel/ novelist is not racist, but uses the vernacular of the time, moving on yo question and criticise those opinions.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote