View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #12
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
By the way, I feel partially vindicated in having a jaundice eye when seeing small children. I've seen kids sneakers with colored lights that light up when they walk, many times. But yesterday, at the movie theater, in the row in front of us, sat(loosely applied term) a girl who had sneakers with the brightest white strobes this side of a State Police Cruiser.

It was somewhat her mother's fault, however. About 1:15 into the movie the girl got fidgety, so very large Mom perches the girl on her knees. But Mom's so tall this puts the girl up against the seatback in front. When the girl sat on the seat her feet were in the air, but on Mom she could kick the seatback. flash, flash, flash.

Bitch couldn't even keep the beat, grumble, mutter, growl...
Oh my god, that is some annoying shit. I don't know what I would have done. My dad was always VERY vocal about that stuff and had no problem shouting at the top of his lungs in a theater or church or anywhere "Stuff a sock in it!" when some kids was bawling. It was mortifying to say the least. He felt it was natural.

Inspiring story about the quiet diners. I try to minimize the frequency of saying NO to the tiny people so that when I do say it, they know I mean it. It's worked out pretty well.