View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 02:44 PM   #803
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Well, my pipes are frozen. I have no water and it's freezing in here. I feel like crying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
If you get some heat tape at the hardware store wrap it around the pipes and plug it in. If there is any heat tape left at the hardware store.

If you can get a jump, your car will start. Older batteries lose their cold cranking amps and as such become old, cranky, amps instead. When you have some extra dough buy a battery with lots of CCA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Thanks Griff. I'm trying really hard to not be such a reactive crazy person.

And guess what? My car just started, and I have water to the bathroom sink and tub again! Not the kitchen yet, but I'm not surprised about that.

Yay! Time for a hot bath and a trip into town! I mean, it's 11 degrees! Party time!
footfootfoot's right, that will help keep the pipes unfrozen. So will letting a little water running through the tap/spigot/etc. It costs you some water, true, but it's another option for you. At first I thought you had frozen and burst pipes, that's a much bigger disaster. Anyhow, I'm glad it's working now. Turn on the water, just a little, and let them flow.