Thread: Measles 2015
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 09:42 PM   #7
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

8+ years of sincere belief doesn't make it right. The evidence regarding immunization is in; there is no legitimate discussion or opinion anymore. The evidence is indisputable, ever since Edward Jenner noticed that milkmaids didn't get smallpox. Immunization has saved millions upon millions of innocent lives.

As for autism spectrum disorders ... there is no evidence for an autoimmune cause, no matter how much some may wish it. I have two sons with ASD, and believe me, I have researched all possible etiologies and all possible treatments.

I delved into alternative medicine and investigated every possible route to health for my sons. I was prepared to jettison all of my allopathic teaching, but I was never willing to jettison my reason. In the end, I rejected the alternative interpretations and treatments, because they had no logical basis.

I have as much at stake as anyone, including Clod. I have two children with ASD. I feel for Clod, and I'm willing to support her as her children grow. But I don't support a rejection of immunization. That is not the hill on which to die.

Please, have your children vaccinated.