View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 05:49 PM   #47
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

Quote:
Taken from www.gccafe.com
As one moves among the booths of E3 this year, taking in all the glitz and shine of new games, one is bound to find some serious nostalgia in the air. Announced by Intellivision and organizers of the Classic Games Expo, a 2,000 square foot museum of video games is going to be present in the Kentia Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center this year during E3.

This won't be a "breathe on the exhibit and you're ejected from the building" museum, though. Interactivity is the governing word with the museum, featuring such exhibits as a circa 1980's American living room where attendees can sit and play with an Atari 2600. Other highlights include over 30 classic arcade cabinets, a display of home computers like the Apple II and Commodore 64, and a chance for gamers to see the granddaddy of them all - a Magnavox Odyssey.

"Intellivision is extremely excited and proud to be the sponsor of the History of Video Games museum," said Keith Robinson, president and cofounder of Intellivision Productions. "The guys at the Classic Gaming Expo have a deep affection for the history and the games that started it all and have always been a strong supporter of Intellivision Productions. We are thrilled to give attendees the opportunity to learn how this whole video game craziness started, as well as give them the opportunity to play the original games that are now the forefathers to the ones they play on today's consoles."

Look for media from the museum, and oh-so-much more from E3, right here at the Café.
God, I fuckin' love my job.