Thread: West Yorkshire
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 05:41 AM   #357
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Yesterday I went to Hebden Bridge. I've been meaning to go since I moved here, and since the weather was due to be good and it was the weekend I made my move. I could have gone by bus, but the train was more convenient and I still got to see the countryside.

The town has a reputation as a bit of an arts centre, although a local friend tells me it's really quite set in it's ways and hasn't done anything "alternative" for years.

Anyway, it was a good day out. Typical small Yorkshire town, with some dirty hippy stuff munching around the edges. On a Spring day it was lovely, but I imagine on a hot Summer day it would be a complete joy. Lots and lots of LOTS of coffeeshops, cafes, pubs, eateries. Plenty of open spaces, and a river running through it. Although Peter says it has (or used to have) the highest suicide rate per head of population in the country. Thanks to the fact that one side of the valley is never sunlit and the effect of dirty hippy values and liberal parents sanctioning drug use... And no, he's not a Tory councillor, he works in the music industry!

I love galleries, bridges and interconnected buildings.
No idea what or why these need their own bridge.

A mill.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sundae; 03-08-2015 at 05:52 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote