View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 10:30 PM   #5862
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I am so tired of migraines/headaches/pain. This might be better in a 'what's wearing you down?' thread, but I haven't the energy.

Migraines/headaches daily, nightly, in-between. Right now. I stopped all alcohol, went on a low-histamine diet, tried several other diets, various suppements - no improvement. Just the ongoing pain, like there's a slow fire inside my skull that flares up unpredictably and wakes me late at night, bolts me bolt upright in bed clutching my head. Keeps me up most nights, makes me grit my teeth and struggle through most days. I manage at work with the help of Imitrex. But it's not perfect, it makes me dozy and irritable.

This may be the spring weather change, but it's more severe than most years. It could be sinister or it could just be that I really, really hate my job and the stress of dealing with angry patients and angry staff is showing. But everyone hates their job. I know, hand me a straw.