View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 04:35 AM   #1826
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Ohhh - I found one of my all-time favourite albums on youtube! I used to have this on cd - and some of it was on my Yepp MP3 player (pre ipod). Underworld, Beaucoup Fish:

I think it stands up today.

One of my favourite tracks on that album was Shudder/King of Snake - but they did another version for the Everything, Everything tour - here it is live - one of the all-time club classics. When this kicks in fully it has an energy to it I've never experienced anywhere else. *

*admittedly I might be re-accessing E -based memories and sensations when I listen :P Listening to this I am seriously considering acceoting my bro's offer of a saunter into mushroom territory.

This album takes me back to '99. Hell of a year. Doors opening in all directions - the pipe company was doing well and we were getting brand recognition all over the place. My bro designed and with our help built a display stand for Glastonbury - it was awesome. Like something off a Doctor Who set. Massive, dark blue, with display cubbies inset and viewed through ship's portholes, back lit, with smoke pouring out around it.

We were flying high in every regard. Exciting times. Shot through with awesome drug and club experiences.

Last edited by DanaC; 05-10-2015 at 05:04 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote