View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 03:21 PM   #13
jaguar
whig

The cider is indeed magnificent. I'm racking my brain for the names of a couple of local pubs that had both excellent food and wonderful, truly wonderful cider. Somerset coast is indeed beautiful. When my camera gear arrives I'll have to head over again and spend a while on the moor, some incredibly landscapes and ponies make excellent foreground interest . I'm not denying for a second there are lovely places in England but....

Quote:
'..bleak boring ugly miserable godawful and grey..' You must tell me where you saw all that.
If you want a nearby example go to Yeovil, horrible little place. I did like Mole Valley Farmers though, funny little place. Much of London is pretty horrible too. I just found the number of bleak, miserable locations I found myself in was well above average. Architecture for a country that has produced to world-class guys is horribly backward too. Admittedly that's a blight of the suburbs anywhere and there are plenty of concrete jungles in Switzerland, my postal address for now.

One oddity I notice every time I do is that so many people have convertibles for a country that sees so little sunshine.