View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 11:48 AM   #592
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yesterday I went to visit an old roommate and his wife, about 70 miles down US 1 near Conowingo Dam. Coming back I stopped at the light a mile from here at the five points. When I started across the intersection an Aston cop lights up behind me, so naturally I pull over and shut it off, wondering what his problem was. He walks up to me and says you're dragging your battery.

Sure enough the fucking battery is holding on by just the positive cable, the battery had half worn away, and my truck had been running on the alternator. If he hadn't stopped me I would have made it home, but of course I couldn't start it with no battery so he called a tow truck. We couldn't put it on the truck because I can't get the shift lever out of park without the key on and the my foot on the brake pedal. It's an antitheft feature.

So the cop went to the station and brought back a jump box. With that I got it started, put the top up as it was starting to sprinkle, and drove it home.
But it still cost me $150 just to have the truck show up. Raining this morning so I haven't crawled under there to see what happened.