View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #233
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Judge Randall Lee Rogers, Smith County Texas

Judge Randall Lee Rogers, Presiding Judge, Smith County Texas, is the Idiot of the year.

Quote:
A Texas man and his girlfriend say they are being forced down the aisle after a judge ordered them to get married or face jail time.
Last month, a Smith County judge ordered Josten Bundy to marry his 19-year-old girlfriend Elizabeth Jaynes within 30 days as part of a probation agreement, according to KLTV. Bundy had gotten into a physical altercation with Jaynes' ex-boyfriend in February. The ex-boyfriend suffered no medical injuries, but still sued Bundy for assault.

If Bundy declined the judge's proposition, he would face 15 days in jail.
"That would have been fine and I asked if I could call my job [to let them know]," Bundy told KLTV. "The judge told me 'nope, that's not how this works.'"

Bundy was also ordered to write Bible verses and get counseling. Jaynes said she was embarrassed after hearing the judge's proposal.
Unfortunately this is not that uncommon, a judge overstepping jurisprudence. Because they have the power in, and out, of the courtroom. They have the power to jail you indefinitely for contempt of court... INDEFINITLY. Even if you murder someone you get a defined sentence. Unless you have money and/or political suck, you can't fight this kind of bullshit. No local lawyer would help you, as it would be professional suicide. ACLU, maybe.

link