View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 01:49 PM   #272
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceur View Post

As of the 31st of august 2015, rape by women is still not legally considered rape. You are complaining that the legal definition of rape by males is too narrow, when the legal definition of rape by females is non existent and offers little to no legal protection at all.
Not so. I am complaining that our definition of rape is too narrow and that consent is an issue that needs to be discussed. I also, as it happens, think that the lack of recognition, in law and in society, of rape against male victims and rape by female perpetrators (as indeed with domestic abuse) is appalling and in urgent need of redress.

I must admit, those stats are new to me. I was always under the impression that number of male victims of rape and sexual assault were significantly lower than that of female victims - still far too many of them, and probably more than the figures would be able to reflect. I also was under the impression that male victims of rape were more likely to have been raped by male perpetrators.

I'd need to take a closer look at the article. I'm mildly suspicious - then again, I am mildly suspicious of the figures from the end of the extreme that make it seem like every other woman has been assaulted. This despite the fact that a majority of the women I know in my life have experienced sexual assault of some kind.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote