View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004, 12:46 AM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I don't have much in the way of spectacular animal attack stories.

I have a pretty good record with beasts. I mean there was this one time that I had a horse that I was leading slip and fall on me, but there was no damage. I've also had some falls from horseback, again with no injury. I have had enounters with some nasty to other people dogs, but the same animals have this funny tendency to check me out, sniff a couple times, and drop and roll to expose their bellies for a good rubbing (including one attack trained doberman whose owner was quite perturbed at his bitch's behavior), but I believe that's a matter of their being able to know instinctively who the alpha is.

I have had an occasional close encounter with skunks, but as soon as I recognize that it's not just a funny looking cat and stand still until it decides I'm neither threatening nor particularly interesting, things are pretty much over.

There WAS this one time at work that I went out on the front porch to smoke and heard some noise coming from the trashcan mounted next to the door. Next think I know this raccoon pops it's head out and is staring at me ... I ran back inside pretty damn fast after that one ... 'coon hasn't been in the trash since. I think he figured out that the big dumpster has better stuff in it, and fewer people hanging around.

Oh, and my sister's cats sometimes decide I'm not supposed to be attempting to pet them and they swipe at me, but they're declawed, so that's not a big deal either.

Spiders are icky, and I have been menaced by them from time to time, but a sufficiently large wad of tissues takes care of that pretty easily.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote