View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 06:00 PM   #109
Flint
Snowflake

In this thread, 10 years ago, I argued that the only way to bring meaningful change to American politics was to vote third party, and over time, to send a message of non-participation to the two-party system. I believed, and still do believe that this was the only moral, logical choice we had at that time. Because partisan politics were leading us nowhere, and the fundamental issues of corruption within both parties was never going to be solved by swinging a superficially ideological pendulum back and forth.

Since then, partisan politics have become even more polarized, record numbers of Americans are identifying as independent, and both major parties have been hijacked from within, by anti-establishment candidates.

The narrative I see—and please correct me if you disagree—is that enough people have become disillusioned with the status quo, that we’ve reached a breaking point. The groundswell of “ƒuck the system” has finally crystallized. And those who have been “throwing our votes away” have finally added up to something that counts. Is that accurate? Are we really moving in a direction to change things? Or am I still a fool.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote