Thread: Kettlebells!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 09:57 AM   #83
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Another killer workout today. I admit, I only did 4 sets of one exercise instead of the prescribed 5. I should've pushed and done the last set - even without weights *SIGH* It's surprising how much an engaged trainer can push you to finish. The one on Wed and Fri is more laid back than the Mon one. No spontaneous encouragement or anything. I mean, I like him, but I kind of want the Mon one more often - lol

I did another new move, today. It's called the high pull. I still haven't "gotten" it yet. I am doing a low weight because it's new, but the hip thrust (*sigh for a different reason*) is too powerful for it, so I am having difficulty controlling it. I should not be actually pulling or pushing the weight with my arm - contrary to the name. It's a ballistic move that should be powered by the hips, instead. I need to learn to control it before moving to a higher weight to prevent injury. It's just frustrating to be TOO strong.

That is one thing I like about this training style - it's about perfection of the move before heavy weights. It doesn't do much good if you are using a heavy weight with poor form. You should be able to do the same move with a low weight with the same precision.

This move is actually a stepping stone for the snatch. I think I might step back and do these in place of the snatch like I was doing with one-handed swing. Just to get more practice and more confidence in the movement

Also, I may nap in my car at some point today. Been up since 4:30 and over an hour workout Maybe Chipotle will help.....