View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 03:26 AM   #1302
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

So the Mrs and I bought a house...but our bank was hobbled by crack addicts who pushed the closing date around like 5 times. We closed last Friday...we were supposed to close 4 weeks ago.

Anyway, we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart. If you live in Dallas, Omaha, Des Moines or KC, you know about them...they're owned by Berkshire Hathaway. They have a YUGE store here in KC, KS. We spent parts of two days over there, meeting with a designer and selecting stuff. All we were waiting on was to close on the house. In the meantime, we're having a hard time getting in touch with the design guy at the store...we want to make a deposit or pay for our stuff outright, y'know?

Finally *I* call him--the Mrs had been mostly dealing with him--says he'll get back to me later today (Thursday). And he does...and tells us that they don't have a record of our order. Add to that, some of the stuff we wanted to order is no longer carried.

So that wiped out plans for the living room and dining room. Not to mention, we were going to buy a bed and a stove...so we were going to give these folks some money. And these stupid motherfuckers fucked it up. The Mrs was so excited...this is mainly about her. I wanted some input and got it, but this whole exercise was mostly for her. She was so pissed about it...and upset too. So naturally that pisses me off.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them after I raked them over the coals a couple times on Twitter earlier. But in the meantime, we'll start over...and focus more on spending money with local folks.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote