View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 03:42 PM   #1177
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
There is literally no room for any solution apart from a CW running motor.

Last night I figured since the first motor was more or less fucked I decided to screw with it and see if I could get it working again. apparently I put something where it wasn't supposed to be and when I plugged it in there was an impressive arc, shower of sparks, and popped breaker. It's now in the copper recycling outbox.

Still waiting on my electrician friend. In the meantime I have some other paying work to attend to and I'm also scoping Craigslist. Saw a great (most likely stolen) Baldor 3 phase, 3HP motor for $100, new in box, only about 40 min away, and another new in box, single phase 1/3 hp motor for $50, but it's about 2 hours away.

They keep popping up on CL and I can also make a trip to the recycling place and pull another one out of a fridge there.

Here are some pics of the sewing machine motor, as you can see it doesn't even bear a passing resemblance to the drawing on the rod building site.
Attached Images

Last edited by footfootfoot; 11-17-2016 at 03:50 PM.
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote