View Single Post
Old 01-24-2002, 12:50 AM   #8
jeni
is stuck on altair-4

i can say, with plenty of confidence, that i am pretty sure the dogs are bred and grown to fight. or if not that, at least taught to specifically do so. which is pretty cruel in that it is not in their nature to be so aggressive towards one another. if it were, dogs would fight like that on the street all the time.

it's like you're taking other things away from their life just so you can get pleasure out of watching them fight. they won't be able to have a great relationship with someone, or another animal, and may end up feeling lonely, etc.

most humans aren't born and raised to fight barehand like that either, and we call it wrong when they are taught to be suicide bombers and hate others because of skin tones, etc. it's the same thing. brainwashing something that should be able to think free of that stuff, if given the chance.

most human beings fight physically over verbal arguments or disagreements, not because they are simply taught to do so. the only instances i can really think of where people train to fight are in boxing cases, wrestling, and such. in which case those people don't train from shortly after birth and can walk away from that at the end of the day.

seeing shows about this sort of thing and just picking up details from those, i gather that the dogs can't do that. they often become very hostile towards even those that train them, not to mention other human beings and animals.

even if the dogs don't kill one another, it's still, in my opinion, not right to train them to fight like that just so the public can watch.

Last edited by jeni; 01-24-2002 at 12:54 AM.
jeni is offline   Reply With Quote