View Single Post
Old 01-24-2002, 07:50 AM   #11
dave

Quote:
Originally posted by mulgorod

Hope you're a vegetarian... and now let me explain that statement:

As I see it, raising cattle to be slaughtered for human consumption is no different than raising and training dogs to fight, even to the death.
Really? So we take cows, put them in cages that are hardly greater than their size, and poke them with sharp sticks and the like so they become as vicious as possible? Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought we just fattened them up and killed 'em. Thanks for that insightful clarification though.

Quote:
The slaughter of animals is no less brutal than a dog fight. Generally, they are cut while alive so that they will bleed as much as possible - helps the quality of the meat. If they're lucky, they get a bonk on the noggin' first, to daze them.
That depends on how you look at it. A dog fight consists of two animals ripping themselves apart, usually to the death. An animal slaughter consists of an animal getting killed real quick. Whether or not that's brutal to you is all a matter of personal opinion and is not irrefutable fact.

Quote:
The consumption of animals is no more necessary than a dog fight. Both are sheerly for human pleasure. Meat is a luxury. Assuming we were never lost in the wilderness in the winter, every single one of us could survive our entire natural lives without ever consuming meat.
WOW. Thanks. Here's what you basically said: Assuming none of us ever had to eat meat, we would never have to eat meat. What if we ARE lost in the wilderness in the winter? What then? I'll tell you: assuming one can kill an animal and find a way to cook it, those that are meat eaters will do alright while those that have never eaten meat will get <b>fucking sick</b>. Physically. I know because my better half is vegetarian, as are <b>most</b> of my friends. They will get ill if they eat meat. You're not very useful if you're sick in the middle of a winter in the wilderness.

Now, on to your "meat is a luxury" statement. Quit being a turd. They're not "sheerly for human pleasure". One is, and the other is <b>beneficial to humans</b>. Meat contains many proteins and vitamins that are essential to properly growing. Sure, you can get them in vitamins, but it's not like they're <b>not</b> in meat either. Blowjobs are just a luxury - meat can serve some real purpose.

Quote:
Am I a vegetarian? No. But I won't say that the dog fights are wrong, even though I find them distasteful.
Wow. So do me a favor. Go back and show me where she said that dog fights were <b>wrong</b>. Your statement about not saying they're wrong is irrelevant because you brought it up. It's nearly the same as ending your argument with "Am I a vegetarian? No. But I won't say that my dick smells, even though I haven't washed it in a month." That's great and all, but YOU brought it up. It's not relevant to the discussion. Jeni didn't say they were wrong either. What's your point?