View Single Post
Old 01-24-2002, 10:59 PM   #15
mulgorod
Writer of Writings

Why so much vitriol dham? Getting tired of all the new posters on cellar? I've been lurking for about 3 months now, and in my experience that's sure not like you.

Hope we didn't get off on the wrong foot. I'm not trying to run in here and start preaching (you'll notice that the above was my frist p0st) - I just thought that we might get some interesting conversation out of examining what some might consider to be hypocrisy caused by cultural presumptions.

To respond to what you've said, point by point:

You agreed that it's a matter of opinion whether or not a cow slaughter is as brutal as a dog fight. You also mentioned you've been to a dairy farm. Well, some of my friends are ranchers. I've seen cow slaughters. Contrary to popular beleif, cows are not dumb. When the first blood is spilled, they smell it, and they freak. They are scared. When there's 300 plus cows to kill, the last one gets to spend all day in sheer terror of what's to come.

Next, you refuted that meat was necessary. Then you acknowledged that the same stuff in meat can be had from vitamins (pills, I presumed you meant) and vegetables. Which is it?

Finally you asked me to point out where jeni said it was wrong. Well, you got me there, she didn't say it's wrong, she said it's "not right". I quoted that in my first post. If there's a subtle difference between "wrong" and "not right", it escapes me right now, but I could just be tired.

Last edited by mulgorod; 01-24-2002 at 11:09 PM.
mulgorod is offline   Reply With Quote