View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #1485
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
honeymoon over, pain begins. I want to amputate the left side of my head. jfc, it's passing in waves, I'm sweating, I can't sit still, then it subsides. repeat. ffucking hell, no dental insurance, I'm gonna have to pay full retail for emergency work, probably tomorrow afternoon. they're on the way home and they're open until 7 pm.

those pain meds I conserved from when I had the kidney stones? I'm not gonna pace myself so much anymore.
well, my denial has failed.

I have made an appointment to have the tooth fixed properly, will be close to $3000. I'm filling out the credit application today. I have health insurance, but no dental coverage. I don't have the strength to argue about the difference at the moment.

My jaw is swollen, my face hurts, I'm taking about one half an ibuprofen per hour. On Monday afternoon, the plan is to

1 -- ADMINISTER ANESTHESIA

2 - n -- who cares

n+1 -- wake up with repaired tooth (root canal, post, possibly build up, crown preparation, rx for pain meds and antibiotics,

n+2 weeks -- return to dentist for crown application. Have not settled on gold vs porcelain. Honestly, I'd prefer the most durable/compatible with opposing tooth. I was told by this dentist that the gold, being soft, can wear through in about twenty years. huh. And the porcelain is much harder. Which worried me since that means the opposing tooth is "softer". He seemed confident that his skill at matching the bite would mean minimal opposing tooth wear. Anyhow.

Immediately, the pain will be endured, and I hope the infection can be controlled before it spreads too far in my jaw. Right now, I'm poor company, and I'm not getting much done on the deck demolition project. Maybe I'll have a drink, and then we'll see.