View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 06:24 AM   #181
glatt

The whole thing is very misleading. I saw the quote sexobon had pointed out and it was clear to me that the seller had copied and pasted the entire description from elsewhere. There are several other other sellers doing the same thing. I saw the NOT in the title, but assumed that was some indication that the poles were not included.

The item was drop shipped to me. It came directly from Amazon. If you go to Amazon and look up this tent, the whole tent is $100, the inner tent only is $40, and the rain fly only is $70. So this guy made $10 by drop shipping the tent to me for $50. And if I want to make this a whole tent, I can get the fly only from Amazon and thus wind up paying $120 for a $100 tent.

It's not so much the money that bugs me. I think this seller was extremely deceptive. You shouldn't have to read a listing like you a making a deal with Satan, looking for how he is screwing you. I think he deserves my negative feedback for that alone.

On the plus side of all this, I get to try out the tent in my living room now and see if it will work for me, and it only weighs a pound, so return shipping won't be that bad if I decide to let bygones be bygones and pay to ship it back for a refund.

Meanwhile, the seller hasn't responded to me in about 18 hours.

I appreciate everyone's input. I want to be reasonable in my response to this.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote