Thread: Rims
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 07:13 PM   #1750
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
"Image"?
You mean everybody doesn't want to be a gray-haired crazy lady that raises chickens in the woods and drives an 18-year-old Volvo station wagon?
WTF?
No, as a matter of fact they don't, everybody wants other people to see them as they wished to be seen and try to present, or don't care at all. Cars are like clothes, they're are a projection of you to others. Dress for the job you want, extends to your vehicle. Even counter culture segments like hipsters, goths, grunges, bikers, etc, shown their individuality by dressing alike.

But the keep-up-with-the-Jones, and the must-impress-the-peers crowd is a huge target market. The car markers love them because they buy more expensive vehicles, are easier to upsell, and buy more often. The dealers love them for that and because they trade in vehicles that can often be sold at a higher profit than the new cars bring.

Personally I dress to be comfortable, (I told Amanda, Jim's betrothed, I couldn't come to their wedding. When she asked why not, I told her I was wearing my Sunday best, which was jeans and a pocket Tee), and I drive what blows my skirt up. I know there are a shitload of people(probably you) who feel the same way.