View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 10:13 AM   #337
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Thank you Mr. Carruthers.

Quote:
...one thing I shall never forget is her laugh.
I wish I could have heard it.

You have been missed, also, sir. How's things?
I remember during one our frequent phone conversations I gave Sundae an account of a Doc’s appointment I had attended that day.
Let’s just say that the nature of the consultation was such that it would be difficult to emerge from with even a shred of dignity intact. Oh, and did I mention that the GP was a woman?
Suffice to say that when I got to the ‘best bit’ (depends on your point of view, of course) she roared with laughter.
I can still hear those gales of laughter in my mind’s ear* as if it was yesterday.
As we all know, Sundae had more than her fair share of troubles but she did know how to laugh.

*If you can see something in your mind’s eye, you can hear something in your mind’s ear. QED.

How am I? Kind of you to ask Mr G.
I’ve been very lucky with my health but now I am in er… ‘later middle age’ the ageing process has set in with an intensity for which I was not prepared.
I must stress that my troubles pale into insignificance compared to what some poor souls have to endure but I’ve really been felled by my energy levels falling off a cliff a few months ago.
I haven’t slept well for years and although lack of energy is a separate issue, the two problems overlap somewhat.
Mental energy has suffered similarly so it could be said that my get up and go got up and went.
There are two or three other problems with which I will not trouble you.
Consider yourselves lucky that you've been spared accounts of those.

Last edited by Carruthers; 12-05-2017 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Minor omission corrected.
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote