View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #17
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

When asked to do several hundred things at once I would look at my boss and say, "You know no one can possibly do all that in 8 hours/40 hours/whatever. So. What is YOUR PRIORITY here? What would you like first, then second and I'll let you know when the third thing can be started but I need your priorities. Surely you know one nurse to ten patients hooked up to IV's and chest tubes takes such and such time...even a doofus would know that" then smile.

Or, craft a plan to quit while getting the most benes. You can live on welfare and food stamps for three months till the other money kicks in---it's hard but with friends and family you can do it. When can you take your 200 hours of vaca? Why haven't you taken it? Do you want to cash it in and need to wait a certain amount of time? I always took my vaca immediately so never had any banked.

And termination doesn't guarantee unemployment benes; though you know that.

PLAN. then do it. LEAVE. You are working in a hostile environment. take THAT to the fucking HEAD of the college. The BIG BOY. I never fussed around with middle management bullshit types when things went wrong (I mean I would go to them once so I could say "yes, i followed the chain of command") but I ALWAYS got the head honcho to hear my story. Even when I worked for the state. I said, and I quote, "You are all thugs." too bad, so sad, glad you're mad. In five months of my leaving that place closed. HA!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote