Thread: Vinyl Albums
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 09:49 AM   #7
Snakeadelic
Banned

If anyone wants, or knows someone who'd want, a mint-record, near-mint sleeve/cover copy of Appetite for Destruction, I have one I'd part with.

Original "robot rape" art on the front, not the inner sleeve. Slight wear since my ex-husband was fool enough to take it out of the plastic while 3 or 4 of us screamed at him not to do that.

I can name 2 vinyls I would LOVE to have: Alice Cooper's "Along Came A Spider" and an original rotating-insert cover of Led Zeppelin III.

I think my love of vinyl has something to do with my dad being in a hippie rock band most of my childhood (still plays, and with the same drummer, but no, you haven't heard of them). The Holy Trinity in my childhood homes was always Zappa, Zeppelin, and ZZ Top. There are 3 album covers burned into my brain from before they quit letting us recite the Pledge of Allegiance in school: "Houses of the Holy", "Apostrophe", and "Killer Queen".

My vinyl collection is small but wildly eclectic. Not all are playable, but highlights of the collection include:
Score for Star Wars
Score for Empire Strikes Back
Moon landing mission
How To Learn Morse Code
a like 5-album Tennessee Ernie Ford collection
The Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack
an imported Duran Duran EP from the early 1980s that the used-record store owner didn't realize was autographed by the bassist until after he'd given me the receipt, poor bastard
something by the Soviet Army Chorus And Band
I sh*t you all not a PICTURE DISC of the Invader Zim opening theme backed with "Planets Battle", different pix, and I'd read you could only get the theme by owning one of 500 CD copies of the entire show score
Tubular Bells although I call curses down upon whoever scratched the hell out of side 2 while it was out of my custody
Ringling Bros-Barnum & Bailey Circus (RIP) band
School's Out by Alice Cooper, original fold-out cover
3 Scooby-Doo stories
David Rose & his orchestra, actual title The Stripper And Other Fun Songs For The Family
Boney M's Nightflight To Venus with the extended mix of "Rasputin"

And the 7" wide row of 7" singles is in a different room.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote